Monday, December 30, 2013

Count your blessings

I had the best X'mas present ever - a pretty impromptu all expenses paid trip to somewhere I've always wanted to go since a year ago!
I remembered vividly how the conversation between G and I went down a year back when we were planning to Phuket.
G: "We have to go to this place too!"
-Googled images of it-
Me: "Ya omg, it's really beautiful."
G: "I promise we will go one day."
Never thought what we said then will actually be realized in a week's time :')
As of date, it's definitely the best X'mas and post New Year's gift I have ever received. What a way to start the new year!
I spent the whole of today coming up with our itinerary and I could literally imagine ourselves doing all the activities there.
On the flip side, I'm back to being an insomniac. Everyone has been nagging at me to sleep early but no matter how hard I try, my body clock seems to only register 6am as its sleep time. If this continues, I really have no idea how to tune it back to normal.
I tried sleeping really late (like 7am or even 8am), and waking up a few hours later to drain all the energy out of me so that I can fall asleep easier later at night.
But I don't seem to feel lethargic and sleepy anymore after showering?
I don't wanna resort to sleeping pills again because that shit has side effects. But it's like my last resort now sigh.

Anyway getting back on track... I just wanna thank everyone that made 2013 bearable for me. For a handful, it's more than just bearable. I had the best year so far. (Still in disbelief that '14 is here already)
And to my friends who still don't own a planner, it's probably high time to start one this new year!! (I can't imagine how have you guys been surviving without one)

Recounting some significant events in my life (in chronological order):
- Counting down to '13 with everyone I love at G's (one of the best days I had)
- Carefree days of G and I just chilling and suntanning by the pool (I think we spent a good whole year just doing that from '12 to '13 haha)
- SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA LAST TOUR!
- The end of my Floorball journey (played for the last IVP, couldn't play for SUNIG after that 'cause I would have graduated by then, and I will be away for 2 months in Oz so I didn't play for league too)
I've made pretty decent comrades in SIM Floorball as well - especially Lou, Serene and XL. So thank you everyone for the experience and for playing together! Going through trainings, matches and injuries together. I will never forget the bonds we forged. Still actively in contact with my fellow Scorpio as she will be heading to the same university my bf attends to next year. If you're reading this Lou, stay safe and study hard over in Oz! I will definitely go over to visit you!
- The first ever overseas trip with my best friends (8 well, 9 years soon of friends but we never travelled  out of the country together before)
- The love of my life turns 21 (I'm so glad he adored his present! Nothing beats that sense of satisfaction after seeing your partner's face lit up)
- The introduction of G's friends in my life. (Okay actually this is kinda backdated because I was already introduced to them in the late of '12) I made good friends with some gradually, especially Shumei who has been such a dear, (if you're reading this, hello!) catching up and checking on me before I flew to Oz and her generous gift for my 21st though she didn't had to. One of the smartest and matured ladies that I know of. Thank you! And of course, I won't forget the two brothers I made as well - Ben and Joseph. We could talk for hours and hours and they are ever so spontaneous with everything. Call them for a favor or just to have supper and they would readily agree to it. I will never forget the time where I had to go shopping with them to pick out their suits just to wear for my 21st celebration. Moreover, they bought me a gift that I did not expect to be coming from people I haven't known for too long! Definitely two of the most easy-going and helpful people I've met.
- I had a dog for like a week and I grew in love with her but my parents didn't allow so I had to give her up to someone else
- Gave a shot at giving tuition but I sucked at it (at least the pay isn't too bad)
- Bali trip with my fam (a well-deserved one 'cause everyone was so busy with their own stuff so we finally spent quality time together)
- Got inked (3rd and 4th)
- School is officially out! (can't believe I did it in a year) 
- Preparation of my 21st celebration (never had I done this much planning in my entire life)
- 21st birthday celebration. It wasn't the most ideal due to some unforeseen circumstances but I still appreciate everyone that turned up and gave me their blessings. What mattered most was the company anyway. I got to see some of my friends whom I haven't met in a long while (Kim, Yuting, Elaine, Longkiat, Hanxiang, Sinya, Nyssa, Ian, Jet and last but not least my dearest cousin, Sean) so I guess it's still worth it after all. My folks and uncle made everything happen, so I thank you wholeheartedly. I wouldn't deny being pampered since I was young, it made me feel like I'm this precious little child that every one dotes on haha. It is truly a nice and warm feeling, and you can never replace that with anything else in this world. I will definitely provide for all of you when I get myself a stable job. It's time that I took over and repay my dues.
- G left for Oz
- Went through a pretty tough 6 weeks of my life but I couldn't do it without my girls (those that known you since forever are indeed the ones that understand you the best) and my buddy, Ong. Thank you all for being there for me when I needed you. I'm especially thankful to Ong for always coming down to my area just to be my listening ear. It sucks to know that you're gonna leave next year, I'm gonna miss you terribly. Who's gonna have coffee sessions with me now?
And my dearest Farmy. Thank you for sending me macarons to cheer me up the other day. A simple gesture like this does brighten up one's day. By the way, if you're reading this, you'd better meet me soon. Miss you so much!
- THE XX CONCERT!!!!
- Got inked again
-  Convocation! (Goodbye to getting caught in a jam, essays, assignments, presentations and late nights with my group mates. Although I did not come out of my comfort zone to get more acquainted with my fellow course mates (still too shy), I'm thankful for my group mates that I kept close to during my time there. You guys have been the best people to work with and it surely made my uni life more enjoyable with the laughter and nonsense you bring. Also, I respect them for juggling studies and work at the same time without compromising results!
- Perth Bound!!! (Finally seeing my Bao after so long xx) Many thanks to my folks, grandparents and uncle who funded me for the trip. I wouldn't be able to go if it weren't for your constant worries, whether I'm able to live leisurely for 2 months over there and if I'm able to survive such a long period of time with my measly savings.
- Sep to Nov: I had one of the best experiences in my life. It opened up my eyes to many new things and has definitely changed my outlook on certain aspects in life. Oz has been great to me, and so was G. Had the best churros, oysters, picturesque scenes, sunsets, G's cooking (!!), shot a real pistol and rifle, beach life, our 1st anniversary, road trips, sand dunes, carnival (where I had to sit all the rides alone 'cause G is just... I shall save this for another day), most indelible birthday I had. (credits all go to the loving G)
In addition, I managed to catch up with Amelia who was also studying in Perth. Never had the chance to do so back in SG but I'm glad we did in Perth. See you real soon for coffee or something! x
- Went for a crazy shopping spree alone in town when I came back and ended up regretting really badly now (shopping is indeed addictive yet therapeutic at the same time)
- Gabe babe is back!
- Snipped off my locks again and tried I quote "crazy colors" from the hairdressers on my hair
- Gave my best for something I really wanted! (Still waiting for its results but I hope 2014 brings me good news *fingers crossed*)
- Annual X'mas celebratory dinner with my girls (Secret Santa this year and my Santee loved her present and I love mine so it was a good night)
- Annual X'mas Eve dinner over at G's
- Annual X'mas lunch at Uncle Wee's
- Planning and booking of our upcoming trip!
- Went to Bayfront Ave to relive the cold/cooling weather in Oz. Being the bravehearts that we are, we  ditched the idea of renting coats and endured the cold and managed to have fun.

That pretty much sums up my whole year. I tried to be as detailed as possible, sorry if I left out any names.
I can't wait for NYE tomorrow! Have a smashin' and splendid new year errrrbady, take time to thank your loved ones and people who matter! x
Gonna embrace '14 with an open heart and mind. And I realize there's no point in making new year resolutions 'cause more than half of us will not fulfill it despite making a list haha. But I will try to adhere to certain things that I wanna get it done in the coming new year. One of which is to update this space more frequently and with my photos from my Oz trip. (about time I know!) 2014, I'm ready for you and the good you bring.

Okay I've to be up at 11am later and it's 8 freaking am now. G is gonna kill me. Time to have some shut-eye, goodnight!

No comments: