Friday, December 6, 2013

Thoughts for the last month of the year

So I had this blog (thehighwayblues) for 5 years.
Revisiting this blog again, reading all my past posts (441 to be exact), brings back so much bittersweet memories.
Deleting all the posts I had was a hard thing to do, especially when those were the days where writing was an important (or rather only) outlet for me, venting all my teenage angst on it and whining about every thing in life and trying to make sense of everything around me.
Hot-blooded, curious, tireless, impetuous and fearless.
Now that I look at those photos that were once dear to me, it seem like miles away.
Perhaps I see this as progress - a part of growing into adulthood. Throwing away junk and things that actually do not hold value anymore.
Given my sentimental old self, (not that I'm no longer sentimental, but I've learned not to hold onto things as dearly and stubbornly as before) I probably wouldn't even bear to do so.
I used to take everything upon myself when things go awry, but I will not fall into that downward spiral of self-blame and loathing anymore.
What my blog taught me and what these 5 years offered were valuable, it brought me to who I am today.
I've always learnt things the hard way, going down paths that shouldn't even be undertaken despite countless warnings and red flags along the way. Though my lessons were taught to me so painfully, it actually led to me waking up, getting rid of the rose-colored glasses that I was blinded in, and take a good look at the real world again.
Those angels who've remained in my life throughout, I thank you sincerely.
And as for those who were just passerby(s), I thank you too. For showing me different faces of humanity, for wiping away my naivety and soft-heartedness, drilling me into a stronger person today.

No comments: